Special 2016 “Alan Harrison’s Birthday” Edition: Pack Up the Babies and Grab the Old Ladies – And an Easy-To-Fulfill Wish List
I was born on May 14. Conceived on a hot August night. Neil Diamond would’ve been proud. He was old enough to have a kid then, so…who knows? Brother Love? Are you my papa?
From him, I want flowers.
From you, I want (this is your cue):
- A 137-word card. ( <–Yes, that’s a link.)
- Share your favorite 137 Words post with your social network (that’s “share,” not “like”).
- To join a great company with a great mission. In Seattle.
- Health for The Kid.
- Guidance for The Kid.
- The love of my life to be happy, fulfilled, and curious. You know who you are.
- The ability for you to guide your favorite nonprofit to safety, security, and success.
- Brilliantly measurable missions, better than you believe you’re capable of.
- Complete, successful execution of those brilliant new missions.
- Pie, not cake.
What I wanted to write:
“What’s your definition of non-diversity? Is it…
If so, then the following list might represent descriptions of who divert from your implication of what is normal:
Black. Yellow. Red. Brown.
Amputee. Physically handicapped.
Wheelchair. Cane. Crutch.
With service animal.
Diseased. Cleft Palate.
Dyed. Kinky-haired. Carved.
Tattooed. Branded. Freckled. Pimpled.
Toothless. Bandaged. Pierced.
Orthodontia. Glasses. Hearing aid.
Asymmetrical. Wrinkled. Ugly. Malodorous.
Muslim. Jew. Buddhist. Hindi.
Bi-polar. Depressed. Anxiety disorder.
Blind. Deaf. Mute.
Homosexual. Bisexual. Pansexual. Transgendered.
Therefore, in answer to your question…yes.”